- the roof is nearly done (wahay! no more interior dribbles!);
- a fair bit of the exterior painting is done (guess who goes to lectures covered in paint spots);
- the gutters are nearly functional (but not quite: we had 70mm last night which went everywhere except in the tanks);
- the side louvre windows are in and looking fantastic (locally made by fenestrating joiners / craftsmen ...);
- At the local recycled building material Co. I found a C19th oak door to fit the back door space ... alas it's been ravaged with 1970s vigour (eugh: it has to be seen to be believed: put your mind in the frame of psychadelic flowers, purple, green, afro and flares, but then in a 'door' context) .... but at least it's restorable...
- the temporary railings are down in preparation for the installation of the real railings which have been crafted and delivered (by said fenestrators)... the temporary ones are the green diagonals you can see on the photo.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Busy times but here's an update
Lawdie lawdie, times are busy right now. Lots of (good) work happening at university, busy family, and so on! But here's an update of where we're up to with the house restoration and deck/verandah building: